Friday, August 22, 2008

All the wonderful details!!

I feel like my life has been revolved around trying to have a baby for almost 3 years.. it has been a long journey. John and I have been doing such a great job at remaining positive and not letting this adversity interfere with the joys of our everyday life or our wonderful daughter Sarah.


We got the call... My stats were as follows:
*Estrogen:1525
*Follicles: 25,22,19,13,13,13,12,12,12,11

WE ARE READY!!! What does that mean you ask? Last night at 8:10pm John gave me my HCG trigger shot, which will get my body ready to ovulate (which is one with the BIG NEEDLE in the muscle in my hip). We were both a nervous wreck! John did such a great job that I did not feel a thing!!! Seriously, I could not believe it. My muscle is a little sore today but no biggie - Phew - that part is over

Saturday we have to be at the Surgery Center at 7:10am. My procedure will be at 8:10am (exactly 36 hours after my HCG shot). I will be under anaesthesia while they aspirate my eggs out of my follicles. Yes with a needle and YES through my girl parts (as we like to call them!). Then John does his "Business" and they put my eggs and his sperm in a dish and hope for the best :). They will tell us how many eggs they retrieved before we leave. That day I need to rest. Here is a picture of the procedure (the blue thing is the ultrasound probe so they can see what they are doing):


Sunday: The Dr. office will call and tell us how many eggs fertilized.


Monday: They will call and tell us the Quality of the fertilized eggs and also tell us if we will have a 3 or 5 day embryo transfer


Tuesday OR Thursday: Embryo Transfer is a piece of cake. I am catheterized through my cervix and they place the embryos in my uterus. It is up to those little babies to implant in my uterus on their own. No anesthesia is required and I will take just a minute or so. I will also need to rest all day. Then we WAIT for 2 weeks to find out if I am Prego.

SO, please say your prayers, do the baby dance... send some baby dust or whatever you think will help us in this fantastic journey that we are about to embark on.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the photos!!!
It will work like a charm!

Anonymous said...

WE're keeping our fingers, toes, eyelashes and anything else we can come up with crossed!!!!!! I just know you're going to have great results!!!! Another Auburn Tiger will be here before you know it!!

Nicole said...

I'm so excited for you, I cried reading this! I hope that time passes quickly for you...

Anonymous said...

WOW! We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers for sure. Here's to a fast and productive 2 weeks! ;)

Michele

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Erika. I hope this does the trick and you get preggo real soon. : ) Kathleen

Nicole said...

thought of you first thing this morning. Hope all went well, enjoy your day of relaxing...

Anonymous said...

Love the details and pics. Good luck! Let me know if you need help getting Sarah to and from school next week.