A Must See
Thursday, December 10, 2009
A Must See
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
4–5 fresh It
1 small shallot (rinsed)
4 large red a
1 Deli chilled
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup extra-
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta, goat, or blue cheese
- Slice basil into thin strips; set aside. Chop parsley coarsely and shallot finely. Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Remove meat of chicken from bones (discard skin and bones). Chop chicken coarsely (wash hands); measure 2 cups (reserve remaining chicken for another use).
- Prepare dressing by combining in medium bowl, vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, pepper, parsley, and shallots; whisk until well blended.
- Arrange salad on serving plates, alternating tomato slices, chicken, basil strips, and crumbled cheese. Drizzle with dressing and serve
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Monday, August 31, 2009
Life goes on you know.. I mean really, it does. I have so much to live for, be thankful for! Like thanking my Mom for taking me to the Brunchery for Breakfast this morning. MM is was so good, I had the Brunchery Benedict - YUMMY (Poached eggs on an English muffin with ham, mushrooms, Swiss and hollandaise) . It was so nice to hang out with her and just chat.. We don’t get to do that often enough even though we live 10 minutes from each other. Thanks Mom! I needed that!
I am OVERWHELMED by the support that you all have given us: family, old friends, new friends, cyber friends and perfect strangers. We have received cards in the mail, ecards, beer delivered to our door (thanks Kathy!). Friends taking me out for a drink.. phone calls, facebook posts, Blog comments, text messages, hugs, tears, prayers.. you name it.. I am so amazing by the blanket of support that we have received. THANK YOU. You have NO IDEA how much it means to me (us). One thing that was especially touching was a note I got in the mail from my dad (who lives across the state):
Thursday, August 27, 2009
It has been a rough few days. As we try to dig our way out of this pit of unanswered questions, the hardest part for us is the not knowing why. 4 years of trying to grow our family – 3 IUIs, 2 IVF’s, and lots of trying naturally and still no baby. John and I are both reproductively healthy. UGG.
Let me start by saying that I am a FIRM believer that everything happens for a reason and that God only gives us as much as we can handle. But man – it sure is HARD when our plan and God’s plan aren’t the same. I am just not sure what to make of this whole thing.
Here are answers to some questions you are asking.
- Will you have to have a DNC? – I doubt it, I haven’t starting bleeding yet and I was only 5 weeks so my body should take care of it on its own.
- Do they know what happened? No – we have no answers – and probably won’t ever get any.
- Will you do IVF again? Yes we will try once more in January.
- What about adoption? I would LOVE to adopt but we are BLESSED that insurance covers 90% of our infertility treatments (up to 3 IVFs) and ZERO for adoption. So we are going to exaust all fertility treatment options before moving on to adoption. But YES, we will research adoption if we are unsuccessful in January.
- How did Sarah take the news? She was SOOOOOOO sweet. When they Dr office called with the bad news… I was A MESS, crying hysterically. She asked me what was wrong and I told her the baby died. She was gone for a few minutes and came back with a drawing of me holding a baby. I said “Sarah, there is no baby” she said “ I know mommy but it is what you always wished for” She was sad with me and kept saying she wanted a brother or sister. All day I couldn’t stop hugging her. She told me she loved me all the way to the top of her heart. I love that girl
- How is John? He doesn’t know what to think. Angry there are no answers. Just wants to figure out the next steps. Really wants a sibling for Sarah and a another child for us to love. We are just supporting each other through this.
Thanks everyone, for everything!