Monday, October 12, 2009

Life.. it's precious.

In Memory Of Julia

Tragically last year, my friends Jackie and Bob lost their 18 month old daughter Julia. Her cause of death was never discovered therefore putting it in the category of SUDC (Sudden Unexplained Death in Children).This weekend I was part of an amazing event honoring Julia's life. Jackie, Bob her family, friends and my (and her) Mom's Group organized a 5K race and 1 mile family fun walk called Julia's Run for a Reason to raise funds for SUDC. The amount of people that came out to support the cause was overwhelming. 352 registered racer/walker - WOW! We raised over $15,000 for the SUDC. The race went off without a hic-up. It was just wonderful to be a part of such an amazing event honoring a wonderful little angel and her family. Here is Sarah with her metal she won for being one of the first 60 kids to cross the 1 mile finish line. She was so proud!

Let's talk about Scrapbooking. First off, as you know I am the guest designer at Scrapping the Music this Month. I Love this weeks song! You are the Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne . HOW FUN! Here is the LO I created
Guess what the man in the Brown truck delivered to me on Friday?? My October Studio Calico Kit. I have been swooning over it so excited to dig in and get started! Here is the first LO I created using it also for the BASB challenge this week!. I am in LOVE with this month's kit. I think the craft envelopes are my FAV!



3 comments:

Zorina said...

Those are lovely LOs, girlie! It's been a while I haven't visited your blog. You know my life right now has been so "Heavenly-cloud 9 mode" Sad part, I lost my mojo in creating. Sigh.

That is so sad for that little girl who passed away last year. It breaks my heart.

Virginia said...

life is so precious isn't it? so nice you would do that run.

love ray lamontagne too - he's the best!

Lisa Le-Ray said...

OMG that is sooo sad about the little girl! I feel so bad for her parents! Let me know if I can make them something layout, little mini) or send them something from Australia! :(